Tempest with a spinner

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

OpSteel
Community Member
Community Member

Tempest with a spinner

Post by OpSteel » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 am

Trying to get Tempest to run on a new system I am building with a spinner. The spinner was not being picked up in 0.078 even after playing with the mame.ini file so I tried moving it to 0.172 since Tron is running fine. Made the changes, ran a full rom scan from the service menu, and now it will not load. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Tempest with a spinner

Post by dee2eR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:04 am

It could be the wrong version of the rom for 172, if it was the right one for 078. You may just need a newer version of the rom. It's also possible Romcenter or similar rom manager can convert it using the datfiles in the USER_GUIDE folder, but I'm not sure.

OpSteel
Community Member
Community Member

Post by OpSteel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:04 am

Didn't even think about the ROM version itself changing. I'll look for a newer version. I appreciate the quick answer!

dfmassi
Community Member
Community Member

Post by dfmassi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Same issue. I tried everything. Finally, I pulled the USB keyboard out of the arpicade (power off first) and Tempest works with the spinner now.

mabernathey
Community Member
Community Member

Post by mabernathey » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Tempest with a Spinner is not working for me either... I've pulled the USB Keyboard and turned it back on... no change. Moved Tempest to the ADVMame folder and the game loads, spinner still doesn't work... and now other games like QBERT and Tron won't Load?!? Frustrated!!!

Any help would be appreciated!