Does the Arpicade support Light Guns?

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

Bobbidiofe
Community Member
Community Member

Does the Arpicade support Light Guns?

Post by Bobbidiofe » Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am

I recently tried using light guns with my Arpicade setup, but I can't seem to get them to work properly. I've tried adjusting the settings and configurations, but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone else had success with using light guns on their Arpicade system? I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you may have!

Bobbidiofe
Community Member
Community Member

Emulator support on ARpiCADE.

Post by Bobbidiofe » Thu May 02, 2024 9:45 pm

I've noticed that there seems to be a lack of support for certain emulators on ARpiCADE. It's frustrating when you can't play your favorite games because the emulator isn't working properly. Can we come together as a community to find solutions or alternatives for these unsupported emulators? Let's make sure that all gamers can enjoy their favorite classics on ARpiCADE.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Does the Arpicade support Light Guns?

Post by dee2eR » Fri May 03, 2024 4:31 am

I've deleted your quesdtionable links. It looks to me like you're not approaching this honestly. Complaints like this are very frustrating. It is easy to search the forum and find multiple posts regarding lightguns, even a software release designed to help build a lightgun setup. If you think I can do anything with the info you have given me you are mistaken. You didn't mention the lightgun you were trying to use, what Pi you were trying to use, which verison of ARpiCADE you were trying to use, which emulators you were trying to use. What about your lightgun post has any info that would help someone help you?

Similarly, your complaint that 'certain emulators' are not supported has zero info in it that would facilitate improving anything... I'm sorry the software that I have been giving away for free for 10 years isn't up to your standards.

If you're serious about improving ARpiCADE you're very welcome to contribute. Even feedback like this but with information in it could help me improve things, but your posts read like you could just be trying to scare people away from my products. It certainly doesn't help improve the software, as there is not a single specific I could look into in either of your posts.

What 'classics' are not supported by ARpiCADE? What version of ARPiCADE are you using? What Pi? What guns? What do you really expecty to happen from the posts you have made? Read back thorugh what you wrote, how could anyone help you with the vague generalised complaints you've taken the time to write? I'll be happy to try to help if you included any info that would lead me to be able to, otherwise go spend your own decade and money supporting free software - I owe you exactly nothing, as does anyone else in this community.

No one pays me to support lightguns. I don't make or sell lightguns, or make any money from any sales of any lightguns. Lightguns do not sell RaspberryJAMMA boards. I was working hard on lightgun support from my own interest until I recieved some lightgun related abuse from a person who isn't even a customer or user of my JAMMA boards - since then I must admit much of my interest in continuing it has gone.

Sorry if this comes accross as bitter but re-read your posts...

Bobbidiofe
Community Member
Community Member

Potential buyer and newbie area.

Post by Bobbidiofe » Mon May 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Are you new to the world of ARpiCADE and RaspberryJAMMA hardware? Looking to make the leap into arcade gaming but not sure where to start? This is the perfect place for you! Ask your questions, get advice from experienced users, and make an informed decision before diving in. Don't be shy, we're here to help you join the arcade gaming community with confidence!

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Tue May 07, 2024 7:19 pm

This guys gotta go Dee2er, this has SCAMMER all over it...

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm

@cool_factor yeah, I agree. Not sure if real person or bot but every post has naferious links etc. and seem random. Thanks, I've banned them and deleted their otehr thread... Should probably delete this one too...