Stil noticing Input Lag on DigDug game

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

GamingBro
Community Member
Community Member

Stil noticing Input Lag on DigDug game

Post by GamingBro » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 am

I posted about this a while ago here https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 3136#p3136 but I never did get the game to stop lagging. To clarify, it appears that the joysticks are taking just a split second too long to react when trying to move my character. I was wondering if there was something else I could test. Or maybe a way I could test the joystick's input/reaction time. So then I'd know if it's the joystick/raspberry pi or the game itself. I'm willing to buy new joysticks if anyone has suggestions, right now I have ones that connect to the RaspberryJamma board.

Also, on a side note. I'm currently on 3.83 I believe, but is there a fix for the background audio music not playing when I exit a game? Thanks

Sk8ersublime
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Stil noticing Input Lag on DigDug game

Post by Sk8ersublime » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Have you tried the rom in different versions of mame? It might just be having issues with a certain version. I had a severe slowdown issue with Turtles in Time Intro using mame 203, but 172 worked great