Console Roms not being detected 3.83

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

magecite
Community Member
Community Member

Console Roms not being detected 3.83

Post by magecite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 am

Hey,

I have recently installed arpicade and it is working great for Mame. However it will not detect any console roms. I have put in genesis/megadrive, pc engine, Snes and master system and it does not detect any and it is a rom set I have been using for years and they all work with retro pie.

Directories I have tried
/boot/roms/consoles/genesis
/boot/roms/consoles/Megadirve
/boot/roms/consoles/supernintendo
/boot/roms/consoles/pcengine

When I tell it to scan the console in the menu it just flashes up for a second and then moves on. If I select scan everything it will scan the mame section but not add anything for consoles.

Thanks

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Console Roms not being detected 3.83

Post by dee2eR » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 am

Any spaces in the filenames? At the moment spaces in the file names will cause them to be skipped. If so replace spaces with underscores (use a batch renaming program for lots of files) and they should show up. ie.
Super Mario Bros.nes would become Super_Mario_Bros.nes
in the menu underscores are shown as spaces.

magecite
Community Member
Community Member

Post by magecite » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:29 pm

That was it. Too easy.

Also heres a quick powershell command I used to change the names. Any windows 7+ machine should be able to run the command below and rename the files. Just open up powershell or powershell ISE paste the command below and change the rom path variable called $source to the desired location then run the script.

$Source = 'D:\Roms\Nintendo Nes'
Get-ChildItem -Path $Source -File | Rename-Item -NewName { $_.Name -replace ' ','_' }

NoJive
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by NoJive » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:55 am

I had the same issue! One question though, does your SNES emulator work? Mine sees the ROMs, but will not play any. It goes to the loading screen, then back to the menu.

Bubbak
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Bubbak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:38 pm

I've got a few NES roms that have # NES in the title. Does the # need to be removed as well as the spaces?

Nevermind.. I figured it out. Removed the #