TI994 games?

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

jmac
Community Member
Community Member

TI994 games?

Post by jmac » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

How difficult would it be to get TI994 home computer roms to run on the latest version of Arpicade?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: TI994 games?

Post by dee2eR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 am

That depends on your personal skill with adding emulators. There is an emulator for RPi for this computer but I do not know anything about it. If the TI994 requires keyboard use to launch things it's probably not well suited for an arcade cab, if not it should work fine if you add the emulator, set it up and write a launcher for it (if required).

Long term, I may add it myself (assuming it's not too keyboard dependant) but if I start adding mirco computers the C64 will be my first priority. So far I've avoided adding micro computers due to the general need to have a keyboard attached to operate them. Some day I may do C64, Speccy, TI994 and Atari 800 as they've all been requested at various times (but they're not that well suited to an arcade control scheme).

jmac
Community Member
Community Member

Re: TI994 games?

Post by jmac » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Good question on possible keyboard requirements. I recall my TI99 home computer had joysticks back in the day, though i don't recall if you could launch the game entirely from the joysticks when a cartridge was inserted. Sounds like fun though if you add things like the C64 some day. I suspect many folks are doing the same thing i am doing and their entire project is based around old nostalgic memories when they were younger. The home computer gaming was a huge part of the late 70's, early 80's when the arcade became the place to be. Thanks for all your work on the Arpicade software, it's allowing some pretty cool stuff to be built to keep the memories alive.

MichaelAdvip
Community Member
Community Member

TI994 games

Post by MichaelAdvip » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm

You do know that CD-i Emulator doesnt support every CD-i game? Family Games is not on the list of tested games; I dont know if it works with CD-i Emulator. So you might not be able to get it to work

GeraldMut
Community Member
Community Member

TI994 games

Post by GeraldMut » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Playing PS vita games is impossible for now, but what about playing ps3 games on PC? Is that actually possible?