ARpiCADE 3.82 Release!

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

bravebluerx
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: ARpiCADE 3.82 Release!

Post by bravebluerx » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 am

Disappointed that mame4all was removed on this release, might make me hold off from upgrading. Did it create other compatibility issues with other emus?

One of my fav games Narc only ran good in mame4all. Advmame, mame078, mame139, mame 192, mame172 all had either major audio distortion or unplayable.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:06 am

Other updates to the system broke MAME4all. Maybe I'll add the Retroarch version in future a release. I thought NARC ran ok somewhere else, although I forget where and don't know the game that well.

Nothing wrong with keeping the old release if it works for you.

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

dee2eR wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:06 am
Nothing wrong with keeping the old release if it works for you.
This is what I'm doing for now unless I can't iron out my issues

Fragger666
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Fragger666 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello,

first of all this piece of hard- and software is awesome. Received my board two days ago an love it. I updated to the latest release and want to share the following issues i found so far:
• Super Nintendo - no sound and can't select anything in the menu with the 4 Buttons i have at the moment
• Playstation - display stretched (only 2/3 visible in 15khz)

Things i would like to know:
• wifi setup (example how a working screen would look like would be awesome)
• would a network cable also work instead of wifi?
• where to put the intro.mp4 in order to let it play at startup?
• will the audio issues ("warble-audio" in neo-geo etc.) fixed in the next update ("AUDIO SYNC" is set to "OFF" by default)?

I really appreciate the work and time you all invest to make this already awesome thing even better.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
Haven't encountered the snes issue I will look into it. Unfortunately it's probably an issue with the number of buttons you have as snes is setup for 6 button panels. Snes doesn't really map that easily to arcade compared to the other late 80s/early 90s consoles.
I have seen the playstation issue. For some reason the launcher has stopped acting correctly and isn't using the ammend configs. I'm not sure when/why it broke, I'll post a quick fix up for it tomorrow that will just make it use 240p for everything.
A network cable will work instead of wifi. For wifi all you need is your country code, your router wifi id and the password - you can add them all to the setup file via the option in the service menu.
Yeah, I'll definately fix the bugs I hear about for next release (maybe even introduce some new ones, though I hope not).

In a week or two I may do a little quick fixes update.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Ok, transferred everything over. Heres the issue Im running into. On V3.72 service and test buttons work. On V3.82 built game/console list, tried GORF (still slow lag,bummer) and DL (no sound problems, game plays fine) BUT only test button works, service button is DOA... Whats changed?

Matt68061
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by Matt68061 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Yes, the praise for this product is warranted.

A few "issues" I have seen on new release. (I hate stating that way because I do not want any negative connotations implied in error. Product and software is flat out awesome....so fun to tinker around with everything from new games...to the themes and layout options!!) Probably specific to my set up...

If the usb mouse/spinners were to be set up "pre installed" in Adv Mame...they don't seem to be on my install.

No huge deal as I can go in and do it myself.

I am having a strange situation with the dkong rom in 3.82. I am running it in Mame 172 on a 3.7 build and it works properly. (as well as a 3.6 build). Have a PC application using multiple versions of mame. Roms are correct for the version of mame.

the game will load in Mame 172 on my 3.82 trial build but the game will not coin up and play. Just kind of stuck with a type of error code on the attract screen. Have tried several roms.... adding and deleting it multiple times.

So to be clear... works in 172 on 3.7 but not 3.82.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks again.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 am

cool_factor wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Ok, transferred everything over. Heres the issue Im running into. On V3.72 service and test buttons work. On V3.82 built game/console list, tried GORF (still slow lag,bummer) and DL (no sound problems, game plays fine) BUT only test button works, service button is DOA... Whats changed?
Which emulator is service not working in? I'll chase it up.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 am

Matt68061 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Yes, the praise for this product is warranted.

A few "issues" I have seen on new release. (I hate stating that way because I do not want any negative connotations implied in error. Product and software is flat out awesome....so fun to tinker around with everything from new games...to the themes and layout options!!) Probably specific to my set up...

If the usb mouse/spinners were to be set up "pre installed" in Adv Mame...they don't seem to be on my install.

No huge deal as I can go in and do it myself.

I am having a strange situation with the dkong rom in 3.82. I am running it in Mame 172 on a 3.7 build and it works properly. (as well as a 3.6 build). Have a PC application using multiple versions of mame. Roms are correct for the version of mame.

the game will load in Mame 172 on my 3.82 trial build but the game will not coin up and play. Just kind of stuck with a type of error code on the attract screen. Have tried several roms.... adding and deleting it multiple times.

So to be clear... works in 172 on 3.7 but not 3.82.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks again.
What USB mouse hardware are you using? I'm using an Opti-Wiz, it's possible other hardware needs some setup tweaks. Or maybe a some games have some config saved from when I was trying to get joystick working as trackball or something. I'd love to help but I'm pretty much guessing what the difference is. Does 172 work with your USB analog controls? Can you scroll the gamelist in Attract-Mode with the trackball/whatever control it is?

As for dkong on 172, not sure but I have had reports it's more accurate in 192, maybe try that. I'll have to look into why it would have broken in 172, the 172 binary is the same between 3.7 and 3.82 as far as I remember.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:07 am

dee2eR wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 am
cool_factor wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:03 pm
Which emulator is service not working in? I'll chase it up.
When old Arpicade 3.72 starts/boots and gets to attract screen/maze if I push service button in cab it gives me service screen to run romscan etc. On 3.82 it is just dead, doesn't do anything.