I bought arpicade and horizontal image how do i update

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

8bitforlife
Community Member
Community Member

I bought arpicade and horizontal image how do i update

Post by 8bitforlife » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:52 am

Ok i bought arpicade from highscoresaves and got the horizontal image sd card. Their website mentions a secure link well be given to update it. I emailed them and asked about it and was told to come here. So how do i go about updating my image?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: I bought arpicade and horizontal image how do i update

Post by dee2eR » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 am

The latest version is ARpiCADE 3.82 which can be downloaded from the release thread. Once you have the image you need to write it to an SD card using imaging software then add your roms. The images hosted here do not contain any roms, they're just the vanilla software release.

8bitforlife
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 8bitforlife » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 am

So i would need to remove the roms or back them up?
What about ss or movies should i back that up too or are they located in the update. Not sure what version i have but i cant seem to get a clean look for my games they look like a filter is bribg applied. I use ossc and a supergun till my cab is fixed would that be causing it?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 am

Instead of using the scan converter you will probably get better results running the system in high res and using the VGA out of the DAC.