Removing games through "Edit"

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

ScoobyDoo
Community Member
Community Member

Removing games through "Edit"

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:38 am

Hi. Before I sent off my ArPiCade, I was deleting games that I won't be playing by using the Edit menu. That is, while browsing the list of games in Attract Mode, I would highlight a game and hit "E" on the keyboard, then scroll down to "Delete Game" to remove it. I did not turn off the auto ROM Scan so I wasn't sure if the games would come back once I turned the unit off and on again, but the games were still gone, which is what I wanted. That said, I'm guessing the ROMs are still on the SD Card but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone tell me what is actually happening in the background when you delete games this way? Also, is there an easy way to get those games back later if I change my mind?

Thanks.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Removing games through "Edit"

Post by dee2eR » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 am

Anything deleted in the Attract-Mode edit dialog is only removed from the list. The files should still be on the SD card. Pretty sure Attract-Mode is just removing the game from the romlist file.

Perhaps the build you received already had the romscan switched off. Otherwise I'm slightly confused.

ScoobyDoo
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:11 am

Turns out that my Rom Scan was off. This is a pretty convenient way to eliminate games you don't want though.

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:41 am

I just used this method. Seems to work!

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:43 am

Any idea how to add them back after deleting using this method?

Matt68061
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by Matt68061 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:29 am

If you go to the romlist file you should be able to unhash ih back in.

F4 out to command line - “sudo nano /home/pi/.attract/romlists/allGames.txt

Then hash (#) out or hash the games. (# in front of rom name = wont list in AttractMode, no “#” and it will display inthe list.

That said... this os presuming you are running all games in Attractmode as your front end...

Good luck.