Image distorted on some games

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Sutter Cane
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Image distorted on some games

Post by Sutter Cane » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Unfortunately it did not work. Still have distorted screen on my games...

I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade for a PI3+ and get the latest update. I'm not sure anymore. (I need to fix that and also get rid of the Thunderbolt logo on the upper right of the screen. I raise voltage at 5.3V but still have that logo appearing randomly. I know Pi3+ need a little bit more power. I don't know if I can raise it up more, cause Pi3+ is suppose to need 5.2V. Didn't have any issue with Pi2.)

If you have any more idea, please let me know.

Your support, as always, is greatly appreciated.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:33 am

How old is your board? Hearing it started with Pi2 makes me wonder if it doesn't have a 1A fuse in it, it would explain the trouble supplying power to a Pi3.

Assuming it is a 1A fuse replacing it with a 2A or 2.5A fuse should sort the lightning bolt and will make the board work better on newer RPis.

Modern JAMMA looms with only 1 wire each for 5v and GND can also cause low power conditions, however you will usually be OK for a Pi3, it's Pi4 where cheapo crappy looms start being a real issue for current delivery.

I wouldn't raise the 5v at your power supply any further. There's no need (or want) to go past 5.2v at the JAMMA edge, having to do so suggests it's another issue.

Sutter Cane
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sutter Cane » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 pm

I bought the Jamma board from you on Aussie Arcade forum at the end of 2016. I didn't check the fuse but it's probably a 1A fuse, I will need to check this out. Since I did not saw any fuse holder, it might be welded on the board. So I will need to check out on Youtube for a tutorial to how replace that fuse...

...And the good news is that your latest REswitch.sh file did work! I did a mistake when replacing the file...I just put back the wrong Reswitch file on my SD Card...My bad...